Sunday, September 20, 2015

Smittens Vena Cava - Melanzana

Smittens Vena Cava - Melanzana




Color: Eggplant & EcruMaterial: 100% cotton
Fabric Weight:  Medium (Approx - 260 g/m² prewash)

I received the Smittens Vena Cava - Melanzana wrap about 2 weeks ago. From the very first time seeing those cute, tiny hearts, I began following the Smittens history. I was following the wrap on http://5mr.com/ and wasn't sure about its thickness. My toddler is not that tiny no more, so I prefer thicker wraps when I carry her. There are times when I carry her for up to 3 hours and thin wraps hurt and leave marks on my arms. After following Smittens’ FB page, they finally advertised a sale. The wrap I chose was advertised as 260 g/m²-prewashed. So I figured I would give it a try. Shipping was quick and they even enclosed a cute little book and washing/wearing instructions with my wrap. <3 thank you. :-) My first impression was, it felt quite stiff and really thin when I unwrapped it. But that changed after I gave it a wash. The wash actually changed the texture and I was blown away by the width of the wrap. This is the widest wrap I ever worked with so far and I absolutely love it. I use the double hammock with my daughter a lot and it was quiet difficult first. I thought my arm wasn't long enough the get the fabric all over her butt. lol
I really do LOVE this wrap and I'm quite surprised about the quality. The texture is really nice and the weave is tight so it feels safe for pulling. It didn't take too long to break it in and there was no braiding necessary. Another reason I like this wrap is that it’s in a decent price range. So please, keep it going. This is perfect for newbies who don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a wrap. I would recommend this wrap for a little squish and toddler. I'm not sure if I would buy a shorty for my toddler if I would do a single layer wrap technique like the ER but it's perfect for double layer. I did choose a "plain" color because it just goes perfect with everything. There are some more great colors and other patterns on their page.

 













No comments:

Post a Comment